If you're a chocolate lover, this might be a new kind of pour-over to add to your arsenal. Molten Chocolate Coffee is the ultimate coffee drink recipe to make, and the optional whiskey takes it to a whole new level.
Perfect for a summer drink (giving the espresso martini a run for its money) or for a warm nightcap. You may never look at mocha drinks the same way again.
- 1/2 milk chocolate bar
- Whole coffee beans. (We used a medium roast from Guatemala, which has cocoa and nutty flavor notes).
- Optional: One shot of whiskey
- Optional: Ice cubes
How to make the Ultimate Molten Chocolate Coffee Drink:
- Chop up 1/2 of a milk chocolate bar. Set aside
- Grind up the coffee beans to your preferred size for pour-over coffee, which is typically medium fine. We use 15 clicks from zero with our X-Series Hand Grinder.
- Brew your coffee using your preferred pour-over method. The water temperature we use is 194 degrees F. While your coffee brews, add the chocolate pieces to a mug or glass
- Pour your freshly brewed coffee over the chocolate and watch the chocolate melt
- Stir well to melt the chocolate completely
- Optional: Add a shot of whiskey for the perfect warm nightcap, or add ice for a nice afternoon drink